– Rides can be of any length, on any hill or mountain within the Zwift or RGT framework. Essentially anything that has a vertical gain can be used to complete an vEveresting.
– Rides must only focus on one hill or mountain per ride. You cannot ride different routes on the same mountain. If there are 4 routes, that means there are 4 possible ‘vEverestings’ (think of it like the North and South face of Everest).
– Rides cannot be loops. The descent must be via the same road.
– Rides must be full ascents each time. You can’t commit to a combination of full and half laps within the one vEveresting attempt.
– The exception to full repeats of the same section/segment of hill is once you hit 8,848m you can abandon that repeat (although we highly recommend bagging ‘just a few’ extra metres.. just in case!)
– No need to stay on the trainer on descents. Depending on the hill you have selected, there could be a long descent (i.e. Alpe du Zwift is around 10mins, or RGT’s Stelvio 15minutes) and the level of difficulty for this challenge is not increased by sitting on your saddle waiting for your avatar to descend. Feel free to use this time to top up food, take a change of clothes, have a stretch etc.